Sunday, January 10, 2010

6 Months and Our Baby Girls Have Names…

IMG_3813-2     IMG_3814-2

IMG_3837-1

            IMG_3833-1 IMG_3834-1 

 That is one, big belly!!!IMG_3839-1

I am now 6 months pregnant! And, our babies have names!  Baby A is Madison and Baby B is Mia. We decided to keep the M names going!

I am feeling great physically. I have energy, and I’m not slowing down too much. Daddy and Mallory continue to take good care of me. When I need a little break on the couch, they are both so sweet and cater to me. Daddy has me drinking Boost protein shakes, and he and Mallory are both always bringing me one. Daddy read on a website that these drinks help with Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome. Emotionally, it has been a roller coaster with all the doctor appointments…some appointments are pretty positive and others not so much. However, this past month has been the best so far. We go in weekly for sonograms, and Dr. Peters has been telling us that things are pretty good, and there is nothing we will do at this time. Up to this point, if things got worse, he would refer me to a hospital in Cincinnati to have laser surgery to help correct the Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome. But now I am almost passed the point of having the surgery, because it would be too risky and invasive because of how big the babies are now. That’s good news! We won’t be going to Cincinnati after all!! Instead of the surgery now, they would take the babies early if they thought the situation was getting worse. But, we are hoping the babies stay in my belly for as long as possible and keep on cooking!

I feel the babies move all the time, and I can now see my belly move. Mallory likes to feel and watch the babies move, and she gets the biggest smile on her face. She also talks to them, and she always calls them, “our babies.” She is so sweet and going to be such a great big sister!

After having a month of pretty good doctor appointments, we now feel ready to get things done. We have picked out the paint color for the room, cribs, bedding, fabric for another set of bedding, bought twin car seats with a stroller, and Mimi and Granddad bought us a glider rocker…pictures to come…

No comments: