Saturday, August 6, 2011

Kinder Playdate…

IMG_2635Mallory had a play date this morning at the park.  Another mom set this up with incoming kindergarteners.  She emailed the few moms she knew who had future Wilson Rangers, and we all included others we knew.  I thought it was a great idea!  Eleven kids showed up and only TWO girls :) The park backs up to some land, so we were also able to see some llamas.  I thought that was pretty cool.  We all stayed for only an hour, because it was SO HOT.  It was fun to see the kids and talk to the parents.  The boy in the batman shirt is Crickett’s son; she is also a teacher at my school.  And, two of the other boys, I have had their older siblings.

After the park, we went up to Wilson to do a few things in my office.  Mallory wanted to walk around the school, too.  There were a couple of new teachers working, so we got to meet them.  Mallory like that we go to ride in the elevator and go to the lounge to use our ice machine (it is awesome, it makes ice like Sonic).

I told her I had a surprise for her, so we left, and I took her to Cherry On Top.  A cute little frozen yogurt place in Coppell.  She got to get her own yougurt and load it up with as many topping as she wanted, and there were so many to choose from.  You know she LOVED that!!  She gave me a big ‘ole hug and said, “Thank you Mommy for my surprise!”  After our yummy yogurt, we headed home.

IMG_0597

It is fun to spend time with just me and Mallory.  We will get to do it every day in the car in a couple of weeks…on the way to school and back :)

Can’t believe MY BABY is starting Kindergarten!!!

No comments: