Monday, April 12, 2010

Madison and Mommy Going Home…

IMG_6616Mommy and Madison were going home after 4 nights and 5 days in the hospital.  Even though it was a great stay, I was ready to get home.  The doctors and nurses were so wonderful to me and my girls, and the food was delicious, really!  Especially, the breakfast…I guess because I don’t usually eat big breakfasts, I really enjoyed it!

Before we left, I went to the NICU to feed Mia.  Even though I knew for the last few days that I would not be taking her home right away, it was still heartbreaking.  I just held her and cried.  As much as I wanted to go home, I didn't want to go home because I didn't want to leave her.  I was so happy to take Madison home; thank goodness they both didn’t have to stay!  And, it was comforting to know that Mia was in good hands, and that Dr. Balkundi told us that Mia would be coming home by the end of the week.

As we waited for Mimi and Mallory to come to the hospital, Daddy took some pictures of Mommy and Madison…

IMG_6611IMG_6612IMG_6619    IMG_6624IMG_6622    IMG_6626

IMG_6629

Daddy’s turn…  IMG_6631

IMG_6633 IMG_6635

After Madison ate, she spit up on herself.  The nurse made us change her outfit because she didn’t want her to be cold going home, so we changed her.  Her hat and pants were way too big, but she was still stinkin’ cute! 

IMG_6644

IMG_6645

  IMG_6649IMG_6650

IMG_6654 IMG_6651

The BIG sister arrived…IMG_6657

 IMG_6660 IMG_6663

IMG_6667

We sure need Mia in these pictures! 

IMG_6669   IMG_6675 IMG_6676

IMG_6673 IMG_6672

IMG_6678 Time to go…

IMG_6679 Madison came home weighing 4 lbs 12.5 ounces.  She dropped 12 ounces; that was quite a bit.  I was nursing her, and my milk was starting to come in, but the doctors agreed that we should give her formula for the next few days so she would gain her birth weight back.

Mia only dropped 3 ounces so far (she was on formula in the NICU), so the doctors agreed that I should pump and give all my breast milk to Mia and Madison have formula.  Dr. Balkundi thought Mia needed my milk more right now.  He is a father of twins himself, and he said I was already having to make tough “twin” decisions.  He thought by the end of the week, I would be able to breast feed both babies.

IMG_6690At home…

It worked out good that we were giving Madison formula because Mallory couldn’t wait to feed her!

IMG_6688

IMG_6685   Can’t wait until all THREE of my girls are home together!

No comments: