Thursday, April 8, 2010

Welcome To Our Family…

IMG_6355After having my sweet babies at 12:48, Dr. Krum had to finish up with me; then, I went into a recovery room for about an hour.  Wesley spent that time, checking on Mia in the NICU, Madison in the nursery, and bragging about our precious girls to their grandparents.  Wesley kept coming back and forth giving me updates on our girls.  Dr. Balkundi also came to tell me how Mia was doing…lungs and heart great, she was little and had a low body temperature.  I laid there in relief knowing both girls were finally here.  I also used that time to text our friends and family about our wonderful new additions to our family!

About 3:30, I was moved into my regular room.  At that time, my parents and Wesley’s parents were able to come in the room.  They showed me pictures of Madison that they had taken through the nursery windows.  Only Wesley was allowed in the NICU to see Mia…Grandparents were not happy about that but understood the reasoning.

It seemed like FOREVER for them to bring Madison to our room!  I kept thinking, “Man, I just had TWO BABIES and I haven’t seen one of them yet since delivery.”  Finally, about 5:00, the nursery nurse brought our sweet Madison to us.  It was bitter sweet…so awesome to get to finally hold and kiss Madison but wanting so bad to do the same with Mia...  IMG_6352IMG_6349IMG_6353

IMG_6356IMG0485IMG_6357 

The grandparents were so excited and relieved that the twins were finally here and the worry was over…Mia and Madison's Birthdaybecky camera Mia and Madison's Birthday1

Daddy kept going back and forth to the NICU to make sure Mia was safe and sound…GR2074204954_167004166_19733_640_480_SD2So, so precious…GR2074204954_167004216_50400_640_480_SD2Mommy had to wait until she recovered a little more and regained feeling in her lower body before she could go see precious, little Mia…it was so very hard to wait…

I was also so very anxious for big sister Mallory to come see us.  I called her to tell her we were all okay; she was excited.  Sharon had to wait for all the other kids to get picked up before she and Mallory could come up to see us… 

IMG0500Uncle Joe, Aunt Angie, and cousins Bryce and Brooklyn came to see us…IMG0499

IMG0493Bryce was so very cute and so interested in Madison.  He was also so curious about where Mia was… 

IMG_6387Aunt Teresa…

IMG_6378My wonderful friends, Paulette and Mel…they have been there for me so much the past 9 months…IMG_6385

Finally, the best big sister in the world arrived carrying her twin babies and balloons…she was ready to see her mommy and her new sisters…IMG_6392IMG_6406Mommy was very happy to see Mallory!  I was glad Mallory could see that I was okay since she was so worried about me…

IMG_6402

IMG_6407Mallory thought Madison was adorable.  She asked about Mia, and I told her she is staying in the nursery because she is so little, and she would get to meet her in a few days.  Mallory was a little quiet; I think a little overwhelmed.  She was concerned about her mommy having to lay in bed and not moving much, and I think she wasn’t sure how to take it that Mia was not in the room with us  Also, the Slayter’s were there visiting, and she doesn’t know them very well…overall, just a big day for a little girl… IMG0514

IMG_6409Mallory and Madison…

IMG_6408 IMG_6411IMG_6410 

Ms. Sharon with Madison…

IMG_6394IMG_6400

Sharon and Mallory brought us these cute storks…

IMG_6597 IMG_6598IMG_6599

IMG_6600IMG_6601

IMG_6390Daddy feeding Madison…she had to have formula for the first 24 hours to help increase her low blood sugar…IMG0508

                IMG_6380   Mommy just couldn’t get enough of Madison…I just wanted to hold and kiss her all night long… IMG_6381IMG0502             We all couldn’t believe how much she looked like Mallory!

IMG_6412 Madison had to go back to the nursery to get checked, when she came back to our room, the nurse said, “Every baby girl has to have a bow!”  Mommy thought it was too cute!

IMG_6420IMG_6416Madison, Mommy loves you so much!  I am so proud of you!

Finally, at about 10 pm, they wheeled me down to see Mia.  She was in the incubator, with a feeding tube, and wrapped up in several blankets.  I could put my hand inside to touch her.  She was so tiny, so precious.  I could not wait to hold her in my arms.  I knew it would not be too long, because she was doing so well.  How proud I am of my little fighter…

IMG_6435

What an amazing day…how thankful and happy mommy and daddy are to have Mia and Madison…

TWINS truly are a double blessing!!!

No comments: